Friday, September 21, 2007

Evolution

People have been asking me a lot of questions lately about how I became such a big shot reviewer on the internet, and I admit I've been pleasantly surprised. I might tell you that story sometime but today I have a review that I need to write fast:

This is the comic that I'm reviewing today.

Now right off the bat you can see the main problem: The characters are heads who, instead of sitting on the ground or even rolling just float in the air at a fixed height. Some people would ask why this happens, but really it's just because this webcomic is horrible.

I don't know why I do this.

I have tried and tried to come to terms with this comic and what it means to the world, but english is not a good enough language for it. I would have to learn swahili or something even to portray the idea of what this comic can be like. I know a lot of people joke about learning swahili, but I'm just so pissed that I might actually do it if I can find a good class/book/website for learning it (links appreciated.)

OK, look at this specific comic that I have selected for viewing.

Notice how in panel 2 the character says "chairs aren't fair." Do you see it?

Read it again and tell me how you feel.

I don't know about you, but I'd say that it makes me feel just a little wrong. I don't think that that line is something I can see myself saying, and I really just don't see how these things always end up happening. I know that we should permit this for freedom, but would it be so wrong to make just one comic illegal? (probably.)

Now the thing about this comic is that the author isn't so special. Anybody could do this comic. Look at this. I will draw my own version of this comic and it won't even take me a minute.


Notice how except for the fact that I have drawn a certain handsome man in this comic, other than that it is an exact duplicate of the kind of crap that is in this strip. In fact, it's actually a little better because it was not made by an idiot.

I'm not going to post any more strips from the comic. You can find them yourself. But what I'm trying to say that this comic has a new problem every couple of days. For one thing, we never get the real picture of these guys and who they really are. They could be just anyone, and I would personally hardly notice. I would not even blink. They don't stand out in the wilderness because they have nothing to feed upon.

I would recommend some real inspiration here. For instance, if you have a girlfriend, maybe she will do something funny that you can use in the strip. If you have a really funny dad, then maybe he has told a joke that you can use to figure out humor. If you have pets, then maybe you could post some photographs.

I just try to be reasonable.

So why don't you?

(((~~~~~SONTY MICK~~~~~)))

No comments: